--------------------------------------------------------------------- From the Jason Scott / TEXTFILES.COM Printout Collection These are original linefeed printouts fed through a Optical Character Recognition system, with hand-editing done afterwards to clean issues with text rearrangement and OCR errors. The printouts are from a collection dating from 1983-1985, and were generally made on an Epson MX-80 Dot-Matrix printer connected to an IBM PC-XT. The Bulletin Board Systems and other services were located throughout the United States, and captured by Jason Scott, who can attest to their authenticity. Spelling errors, content and extraneous system information such as prompts and menu items have been left untouched. Errors and other artifacts of conversion to this format should be considered in determining the validity or historical context of statements in these printouts. Description: BBS Advertisement Sub-Board on 1985 BBS (Minneapolis) Date: April, 1985 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Numb: 63 Sub]: What I like in a BBS From: QUANTAM MECHANIC Date: SAT APR 27 9:20:22 AM I for one would like to see somthing different-Lets face it,all the boards may have different names and different themes to a certain extent, but basicly they're all the same.The new Xanth,if what I hear is true,should be better than most. As for BBS progs. Apple-Net is the best. Quantum Mechanic Numb: 64 Subj: 2400 baud modem From: SINBAD SAILOR Date: SAT APR 27 7:03:20 PM If you are interested in an RS232 compatible 2400 buad modem, make me an offer... I have an old used one that I just picked up...I don't know what it works with or anything, just got it today... whats it worth to ya..? Leave me feedback... sinbad the sailor... maybe i will put it up on MCMLXXXV...hmm..I don't know Numb: 65 Subj: Club Canvas: Modem Messiah From: SINBAD SAILOR Date: SAT APR 27 11:53:25 PM Read Title... Numb: 66 Subj: ALCATRAZ From: THE- WARDEN Date: SUN APR 28 3:22:27 AM WOW, RAD BOARD! I HAVE A BOARD IN SPOKANE! LONG DISTANCE? YES! WHAT THE ****! ALCATRAZ........<509> 328-1443 SYSOP *** THE WARDEN *** SO THERE IS 2, BIGGE! I'M #832 Numb: 67 Subj: STAR TzEK From: KIM MCLAUGHLIN Date: SUN APR 28 9:59:42 AM LIVE LONG AND PROSPER Numb: 68 Subj: STAR TREK From: KIM MCLAUGHLIN Date: SUN APR 28 10:00:33 AM LIVE LONG AND PROSPER Numb: 69 Subj: EXCALIBER From: THE REAL ROXANNE Date: SUN APR 28 10:45:33 AM EXCALIBER, 10 MEGS......CAT-SEND .... SOMTHING NEW EVERYDAY.....PHREAK/HACKING BOARDS.....UP 24HR...7 DAYS A WEEK .... SYSOP IS GEDDY LEE OF THE THOT POLICE....944-0854...CALL NOW....POST....UPLOAD....DOWNLOAD.......W HAT EVER TURNS YOU ON DO IT ON EXCALIBER!! THANKS. -THE REAL ROXANNE/C.E.C. Numb: 70 Subj: Club Canvas From: HUMBLE SERVANT Date: SUN APR 28 12:58:40 PM CCC C C C lub C C anvas C C CCC Coming soon to save your modem's dying soul... HuMbLe SeRvAnT Numb: 60 Subj: But is it hip? From: HUMBLE SERVANT Date: SUN APR 28 1:01:27 PM Club Canvas...it is the IN thing Numb: 31 Subj: scanning.. From: MC WIZARD Date: SAT APR 27 3:58:47 PM Does anyone have a code scanning prog. that sacnns codes. For the c=64. I will pay or trade anything. bye. -Mc Wizard/C.E.C. Numb: 33 Subj: Your last chance at fun! From: MINI APPLER Date: SAT APR 27 2:31:36 PM Call the most unique HBBS in the country: Pixel's Palace (612) 724-7158 ..-->HBBS<--.. And by the way, you need to get Pixterm 4.0-4.2 before you get on. If you dont have pixterm and would like a copy, send $2 and a disk to: Matthew Dornquast PO BOX 17264 Mpls, Mn. 55417 Or, send $5 and I'll mail you a disk with Pixterm on it. -Matt Numb: 34 Subj: BBs Time.. From: MC WIZARD Date: SAT APR 27 4:04:13 PM Here is a bbs for all computer users!!! The Realm of the Mighty at 450-0785. or The Twilight Zone! at 823-4462. a place not of mind but of sound and sight one stepped crosses you over into THE TWILIGHT ZONE...AHHH! -Mc Wizard/C.E.C. Numb: 12 Subj: Does anyone.. From: MC WIZARD Date: SAT APR 27 4:06:12 PM Does anyone have a program for a c=64. If you do name the price or whatever. thanks. And i need some 64 tips. please. thanks. -Mc Wizard/C.E.C. Numb: 39 Subj: HEY!!! From: MARK GLEIZER Date: SAT APR 27 7:46:48 AM I HAVE A RIGHT TO THINK DR. WHO SUCKS (WHICH HE DOEZZZZZ.) SO YOU SHOULDNT CALL ME THOSE NAAAAMMMMMEEEEZZZZZZ. IM SUR THAT LOTZ OF PEPOLE OUT THERE ALSO H E HIM, SO JOIN ME IN MY MARK GLEIZERMARK GLEIZER/MPG/NDC<-- (C.E.C.) 338-8399 Numb: 40 Subj: To the above... From: MAJOR TOM Date: SAT APR 27 8:21:05 AM Say, Mark, when did you join the MPG, the NDC, and the c.e.c. simultaneously? You're going to be in hot water if you do something like that again... Also, the backspaces and the text grafix are annoying to those of us at 300 baud trying to do a quick newscan.... About the late-night calls- you basically don't post your number to everyone and then say things that anger people.... No wonder you're getting late-night phone calls. ]-> Major Tom/Rebel Underground (You so much as THINK of posting Rebel Underground after your name and your phone will be ringing off the hook through the night...) Numb: 41 Subj: Yes.. From: SINBAD SAILOR Date: SAT APR 27 12:10:15 PM Yes Mark you do have the right to voice your opinion on here, in fact I enjoy it, I like to see a little difference on here...I don't agree with it.. but thats beside the point... my point is YOU AINT IN MPG... and I dont think you are in NDC... so don't leave those letters by your name...or we will hunt you down and kill you.. Numb: 42 Subj: SINBAD From: DAREDEVIL Date: SAT APR 27 8:10:15 PM I LIKE THAT LAST MESSAGE, AND MARK, IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE DOCTOR DO NOT LEAVE MESSAGES ON THIS BOARD!! !!! ! !! QUESTION:WHAT IS ROMANA'S FULL NAME??? ALSO WHAT CHAPTER OF TIME LORDS DOES THE DOCTOR BELONG TO????????????????? LATER DAREDEVIL P.S. JOIN THE DOCTOR WHO FAN CLUB OF AMERICA, LEAVE NAME, ADDRESS, AND PHONE # TO ME, DAREDEVIL!!!!!!!!!! ! Numb: 43 Subj: Suggestion From: SGT. PEPPER Date: SAT APR 27 8:42:36 PM Perhaps if you just ignore him [Mark GleizerJ, maybe he'll go away. He's obviously a misguided cretin looking for attention. So if you ignore him, he may stop posting at all... Sgt. Pepper