--------------------------------------------------------------------- From the Jason Scott / TEXTFILES.COM Printout Collection These are original linefeed printouts fed through a Optical Character Recognition system, with hand-editing done afterwards to clean issues with text rearrangement and OCR errors. The printouts are from a collection dating from 1983-1985, and were generally made on an Epson MX-80 Dot-Matrix printer connected to an IBM PC-XT. The Bulletin Board Systems and other services were located throughout the United States, and captured by Jason Scott, who can attest to their authenticity. Spelling errors, content and extraneous system information such as prompts and menu items have been left untouched. Errors and other artifacts of conversion to this format should be considered in determining the validity or historical context of statements in these printouts. Description: General Message Base of the 1985 BBS (Minneapolis) Date: March, 1985 ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Numb: 1 Subj: Begin From: SINBAD SAILOR Date: TUE MAR 12 2:41:56 PM Post about general things ss Numb: 2 Subj: Flush! From: RIFF RAFF Date: TUE MAR 12 6:43:07 PM Shure you can, you can say "Sinbad flushes his Board", ya, shure ya can! Those prices get really annoying abouth the, oh, about the 2nd time you see them... is there some ctrl-codes to get out of it that only the wise can figure or will we always see them? Whatever... --R. Raff Numb: 3 Subj: %$@^$^@ prices From: ULTRAVOX THE MUSE Date: TUE MAR 12 8:42:59 PM Can you turn off the prices? If I wanted to buy something, I'd call the Electronic Shopper BBS. Not Here. Even at 1200 baud, the price list gets annoying fast. (I can't even begin to think how much it would bother me at 300 baud...) >->-->--->----> >Ultravox the Muse Numb: 4 Subj: New Messages? From: ULTRAVOX THE MUSE Date: TUE MAR 12 8:47:14 PM Why if there is one (maybe two) message on each board does the newscan tell me there are 201 new messages? Is it perhaps that you forgot to tell the new-scan that you erased all of the messages? Numb: 5 Subj: okokok From: SINBAD SAILOR Date: TUE MAR 12 9:07:44 PM Lets face it, I fucked the price list thing up...I forgot the IF X$="W" shit Oh well its fixed now...I just laughed when i got home and saw that, only about 10 users got that so its no big deal...and for those of you who know me well, know that I really dislike and suck at programming...but ahh well this bbs is sooo awesome it doesnt matter anyway....heheh (right?) err ahhh ya! ss/mpg Numb: 6 Subj: Sysop From: FENRIS ULF Date: TUE MAR 12 9:21:59 PM What happens when you get a sysop that doesn't program enough? You get an add before every command... Great move Sinbad!! We all clap at your actions Fenris Ulf Numb: 7 Subj: California, here I come... From: SIMON JESTER Date: WED MAR 13 10:21:21 PM Well, yours truly, Simo Jester of the Elk River DECA took first place statewide in Restaurant Marketing and Management, Master Employee level at the State DECA finals. This means that I get to compete in nationals in May down in sunny San Francisco! Getting the award rounded off three days of fun and competition. There were a couple of dances (44th Street played at one of them), preliminary awards sessions (I took a first and second place spot in two events here), partys (toga in 1430), etc... The final awards ceremony was held at the Carleton Celebrity room last (tuesday) night. Some of the speakers included Carl Pohlad, owner of the twins, and several other people. Winning the first place trophy in my event was great... it gave me a chance to hug all the good looking girls in Elk River DECA, for one thing... Well, enough bragging (well, actually more than enough)... I had a great time, and heartily recommend DECA to all people... Simon Jester Numb: 8 Subj: New song From: FRANK LASER Date: THU MAR 14 12:52:10 AM The new Mpg song is ..... Yes, the window is open. Its new, its hot, and we hope to have it on compact disk and video soon. Bye now! Frank Laser ----------* Numb: 9 Subj: c64 games From: JACK THE RIPPER Date: THU MAR 14 5:03:02 PM i am wandering if anyone has any c 64 games that they would like to trade i have over 85 game so you may hAve some i dont so leave me some e mail ok thanx ----------------- _jack the ripper_ _________________ Numb: 10 Subj: NOT AS GOOD AS S.D. From: THE SENTINEL Date: THU MAR 14 8:44:36 PM TO A COUPLE MESSAGES BACK, IT'S TOO BAD THAT THAT THING THAT SIMON JESTER IS GOING TO ISN'T IN SAN DIEGO. I HAD TO MOVE HERE FROM THERE ABT 6 WEEKS AGO. BUMMER. ANYONE GO TO S.D. A LOT? ANYONE HAVE RELATIVES THERE? LET ME KNOW... MAYBE I KNOW THEM... YOU NEVER KNOW... "SWORN TO AVENGE--- CONDEMNED TO HELL--- TEMPT NOT THE BLADE--- ALL FEAR -THE SENTINEL" Numb: 11 Subj: sat night From: DAI- KATANA Date: FRI MAR 15 12:35:52 AM ...i was driving by southdale on sat night/sun morning at about 2:30 am when i saw two cop cars checking out the flagpole....i wonder what that could mean... -dk- Numb: 12 Subj: Lude Session tonight! From: LATIN APPLER Date: FRI MAR 15 4:38:18 AM Yep, a kick-ass Lude session tonight. Meet at the Falls between 9:30 and 9:50. Everybody show up this time, there will be compitition this time between us (MPG) and any other group (NDC,thought police, Celes..Knights) that is willing to take on our best in Max-decaludians! Be there! The Latin Appler /MPG/ Numb: 13 Subj: New & Improved From: RIFF RAFF Date: FRI MAR 15 11:23:28 AM Well, with all the New and barely tested Lude Poles out there to hit, it seems it could involve more than meets the eye. We'll have to have CV on the non-wrap pole, and then KA on everyone else. --R. Raff Numb: 14 Subj: too bad... From: THE SENTINEL Date: FRI MAR 15 5:42:07 PM too bad the pcpg isn't an old group and just starting. we would kick ass! "tempt not the blade--- all fear -the sentinel" ---=>pcpg<=--- Numb: 15 Subj: I FINALLY DID IT From: SECRET AGENT Date: SAT MAR 16 3:10:59 PM To anyone who cares I am finally out of the celestial knights..yahyahyah.. time lord says he is only calling out of state boards but I know he dosen't know anything about phreaking... So he is going to get a new name and start over(at least that is what I think). SECRET AGENT Numb: 16 Subj: CALL.... From: SEA DOG Date: SAT MAR 16 7:47:19 PM CALL THESE FINE BBS`..... THE PIRATES SHIP 512-328-4353 THE SAFEHOUSE 612-724-7066 THE TRADING POST 504-291-4970 WHAT'S NEW AROUND HERE? LATER DUDEZ, SEA DOG Numb: 17 Subj: trade ti programs! From: JEFF MATTSON Date: SUN MAR 17 1:03:51 AM i am looking for ti-99/4a users to trade programs and games over the phone or any other way! leave e-mail for jeff mattson Numb: 18 Subj: :[most interesting]/ From: ANGRY RUSSIAN Date: SUN MAR 17 9:51:11 AM yawn... such a head thrash.... i remind you all never to drink vodka, snort cocaine, go to bed at 3am, and wake up now yawn. that last messages was most i-n-t-e-r-e-s-t-i-n-g i wouldnt fool around with the *mcP* if i were you, they sound very very "tuf" .... !! ive never seen so many tornados in my life!!! sheesh, hold on let me close the window. ahhhh....ok and i would like to make a comment, the sysop since he does not answer feedback, and makes no modifications to he system whatsoever must not treat his users very well. not meaning this offensivly, but in the constructive way.... what if someone doesnt want to pay $5? after they wake up and havent snorted cocaine all night can they post and upload for access? yawn... zzz....... ouuahhhh well you know .... i really see no reason for a 5 dollar fee.... especially with some of the users on this system.... (heh) "some" i state Numb: 19 Subj: Complain, complain From: DR. DISCORD Date: SUN MAR 17 10:30:32 AM Geez, you're sure a happy person. Why don't you leave if you don't like it? Ph.D/Thought Police Numb: 20 Subj: lude board?? From: DIAMOND KNIGHT Date: SUN MAR 17 12:52:12 PM Why is the lude board under level 8?? Why is it that every time we go luding, MPG decides they want to lose us?? Why would they want to lose us badly enough to pay 50 cents to get into a parking lot just to drive out after they had invited us to Jude??? Why are there so many losers on BBS's these days?? A few why's from yours truly... <> Diamond Knight <> -The Last Dimension- -10 Megs- -23 boards- -6 drive Catsend- -Soon 202!- Numb: 21 Subj: Sorry...... From: FRANK LASER Date: MON MAR 1812:45:36 AM Uhhhh..... Perhaps there has been a mistake on the lude session.... Ya see, some car followed (directly behind SS and I) us and we thought that they werent with us. We figured we would lose them and have you guys report back to us at our place. If it was you guys who were the ones, sorry, we didnt recognize you. SS and I are loyal guild members but will not ever try to cause tension between the groups. MPG stands for luding and fun for all!! Am I right??????? Frank Laser--------* MPG Numb: 22 Subj: Luding [wrong board!] From: MAJOR TOM Date: MON MAR 18 5:39:33 PM So I'm on the wrong board, but I have a couple of questions: 1) Is luding open to everyone, or just MPG and NDC and Thought Police members? 2) How bad are the legal risks involved? Do the cops hide in the bushes and wait, or is law enforcement infrequent? 3) Is there a lot of driving involved? (I don't want to run down the family lemon...) Let me know in mail- thanks! ]-> Major Tom \ ]-> Celestial Knights Numb: 23 Subj: Conference line fun... From: SIMON JESTER Date: MON MAR 18 9:37:08 PM Anyone fortunate enough to be listening to WLOL a while back might have heard Dr. Glitch of the NDC and some other pirates from around the nation on it for a few seconds... I was on the conference a bit earlier, and the likes of King Blotto (I think), Drol Pirate (the mastermind behind all of the conference calls), and of course several members of the NDC and Thought Police... fun, eh? Almost as fun as the party on Saturday... heh.. SJ Numb: 24 Subj: More FM fun.. From: -- ROLIC -- Date: MON MAR 18 10:24:37 PM Yes, back awhiles ago, I was on a conference, and boy, we had a couple of whores fr from Chicago on, and some gals from 'Fornia. WILD indeed. But the real fun began when we were talking to Broadway Hacker at FM 103 NY radio) and we got a sweet 15 second broadcast. Was fun...really fun. We were screaming control and all this stuff...what a blast. Then an operator just like the one on Midnight Star's album (real southern accent - TSPS operator) came on...and I suddenly was "Mr. Jones" and all this.. she was really not sure whether it was legit or not... eventually the controller got seperated because he got interrupted by some hotshot Supervisor. So much for that call. Just one of many exploits. Anyone know of other services offering conference capabilites? Unfortunately, Canada is no longer safe (as of January, 27th or so ESS VII )... Drop a note if you've got some info.. -r Numb: 25 Subj: Down with B-B? From: DR. DISCORD Date: MON MAR 18 10:39:49 PM Aah, but at the end, it says..."He (Winston) had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother." So there. Some of you may have heard WLOL around 9:00, and there would have b een more of us, but the phone company shut down the conference line at 8:30, right when the DJ was telling us what to do. That sucks. Oh well, we'll try it again. Ph.D/Thought Police/Sick of the 'Doctors' who call themselves 'Doc' Numb: 26 Subj: Doctors.... From: SINBAD SAILOR Date: TUE MAR 19 12:32:11 AM I am sick and tired of people using " Doctor " in any alias in any frame of manner... its utterly boring... Numb: 27 Subj: CALL US From: PC PHREAK Date: TUE MAR 19 11:35:27 AM IF YOU ARE ABOLUTELY, POSITIVELY, DEFINTELY, SURE THAT YOU ARE NOT A RUGGIE GIVE THE PCPG A CALL AT (612)-377-9281... IF YOU WANT ACCESS TO IT YOU WILL HAVE TO GIVE ME YOUR PHONE # OR CHAT WITH ME OR LEAVE ME A COMMENT TELLING ME THAT YOU WANT ACCESS. THEN WE CAN TAKE IT FROM THERE. SO IF YOU ARE FAT GET OFF YOU FAT *** AND CALL US. IF YOU ARE SKINNY, GET OFF YOU SKINNY *** AND CALL US. if YOU ARE IN BETWEEN GET OFF OF MoWR IN BETWEEN *** AND CALL! --==> ---==> ---==> --==> ---==> PC PHREAK Numb: 28 Subj: Seiko Color Tv... From: SINBAD SAILOR Date: TUE MAR 19 5:17:50 PM Hmm... I saw the new flat screen color tv by seiko today, it uses TFT, not LCD as many people think...TFT stands for Thin Filter Technology, It looked ok but could go for some improvements. hmm oh well... Numb: 29 Subj: Doctors and etc. From: MAJOR TOM Date: TUE MAR 19 5:38:53 PM I second the above message- there are way too many "Doctors" on the BBScene, and it's becoming nxO`Vginal... ]-> Major Tom !/-\!/-\!/-\!/-\ ]-> Celestial Knights (it shouldn't have done that... oh well..) Numb: 30 Subj: DILEMMA From: SUBCONSCIOUS DESIRES Date: WED MAR 20 2:40:23 AM Hi....I have a problem and I hope you guys don't think I'm dumb or naive, but I've been going out with this guy for about 4 months, and don't get him wrong, he's the sweetest guy you could ever know. He's so nice to me and we just have such a great time together. But lately, he's really been coming on to me, and I just don't know what I should do. I would do anything for this guy, but I don't know if it's the right thing to do. I just don't know where to go for advice, and I thought that since I'm a sophomore in high school, alot of you guys might understand what I'm talking about. He is really nice, and says he wouldn't want me to do anything I don't really want to do, but I just feel bad because I know it would make him so happy. I want to make him happy, but I'm kind of scared, and I just don't know if I should do it or not. Thanks alot. -- Melanie Numb: 31 Subj: Cow Trivia From: POISON DART Date: WED MAR 20 3:10:05 AM Here's something new and radical for those who are as bored as I am with the current topics on bbs's ------ COW TRIVIA !!! for example: Q: When you spill your milk, what have you created? A: An udder disaster! (haha hehheh) liked that, huh? Well hang on, cuz there's more !!!!! 0: A cow in a maze is: 1) Lost in Space 2) Indulging in Bovine Delights 3) Working for the CIA 4) Waiting to become a BIG MAC 5) Just Udderly Amazed A: 5) Just Udderly Amazed if ya got that one right, pick up the phone and give us a call!! if ya didn't, don't feel bad, cuz ya get another chance!!!!! Q: What is an ant that has been stepped on by a cow? A: Udderly devastated!!! (hahahaha hoho hehehe) one more chance for those of ya who just can't seem to get the hang of it... Q: What is a cow stuck in the mud? A: udderly 'fasten'ated (hehhehheh haha)---MORE TO COME SOON!!! Numb: 32 Subj: CHAJITA's From: POISON DART Date: WED MAR 20 3:54:39 AM Now I'm sure you've all seen the Chajita commercial for CHI-CHI's right? But, have you heard about the new Chajita"s planned for the up and coming menu? Well, I have provided a glimpse into the future --- CHI-CHI style! THE MENU 1) ANTELOPE chajitas 2) SQUID chajitas 3) GRASSHOPPER chajitas 4) BABY SEAL chajitas 5) TURTLE chajitas 6) ARMADILLO chajitas 7) PELICAN chajitas 8) ELEPHANT chajitas 9) RHINOCEROS chajitas 10) PEACOCK chajitas 11) FLAMINGO chajitas 12) SEA LION chajitas 13) WALRUS chajitas 14) ASSORTED MARSUPIAL chajitas 15) RAT chajitas 16) STARFISH chajitas 17) ZEBRA chajitas 18) COCKROACH chajitas 19) COW GONAD chajitas 20) MAGGOT chajitas 21) SLUG chajitas 22) BAT chajitas 23) PENGUIN chajitas 24) GIRAFFE NECK chajitas 25) CAMEL DUNG chajitas 26) IGUANA chajitas 27) OSTRICH FEATHER chajitas 28) LEPER chajitas 29) DEAD BABY chajitas 30) PUSS chajitas 31) AMPUTATED LIMB chajitas 32) SPERM WHALE chajitas 33) PORPOISE FIN chajitas 34) JELLYFISH chajitas 35) MIXED ARACHNID chajitas 36) OCTOPUS TENTACLE chajitas 37) ELECTRIC EEL chajitas 38) PIT VIPER chajitas 39) AARDVARK chajitas 40) TERMITE chajitas and.............coming soon............* TAPEWORM chajitas * look for --* ASSORTED PARASITE chajitas * at a CHI-CHI's near you! further suggestions for new chajita's are more than welcome. Numb: 33 Subj: Chajitas From: TOM DUBRUIL Date: WED MAR 20 9:26:42 AM Don't let Opus find out about menu item 23. Numb: 34 Subj: For Melanie From: HUMBLE SERVANT Date: WED MAR 20 12:16:35 PM In response to the earlier message about your "boyfriend" and whether or not you should do it together. I think it would be better for both of you to wait until you can think rationally before you decide to take the leap... Remember, there is only one first time, and if you waste it on someone who you don't really love, it will wreck it for later on in life. And since you are only a Sophomore, (Sophomore means "smart-fool"), I think it would be best if you just stayed young a little bit longer and left the serious lovemaking for married life later on. If your boyfriend can't handle your decision, then he must only be after you for what you are on the outside, when it is whats inside that matters the most. You can do what you want to do, but remember that whatever you do could come back to haunt you later. For example, V.D., pregnancy, etc. So it is best to wait until you can handle it, (marriage), and stick to getting through High-school. H.S. Numb: 35 Subj: PC junior From: SINBAD SAILOR Date: WED MAR 20 5:03:46 PM hahahaha...IBM gave up on the pc junior! Numb: 36 Subj: P.C. jr From: BLACK FALCON Date: WED MAR 20 6:05:51 PM With the canceling of IBM's pc jr, only Apple and Commodore,and maybe Atari are left to fight for the home computer market.Guess who's gonna win!? -:- SIR WILLIAM -:- Numb: 46 Subj: Down with BB? From: MAD CANADIAN Date: FRI MAR 22 4:20:54 PM As Doc said, 'Down with Big Brother'? How can that be? Winston had always loved Big Brother. Oceania had always been at war with Eurasia. Oranges and lemons, say the bells of St. Clement's You owe me three fatherings, say the bells of St. Marin's When will you pay me? say the bells of Old Bailey When I grow rich, say the bells of Shoreditch. O'Brien knew the last line. Ever have the feeling that one is getting deviant? Heh heh heh. Big Brother is doubleplus good. Goldstien is undoubleplusgood. Big Brother is a doubleplusgood duckspeaker. BB......BB.....BB......BB.....BB MC/Thought Police (Can anyone tell that I am mad at the 'Down with Big Brother' at the command prompt.) Numb: 47 Subj: big-b From: THE PHOENIX Date: FRI MAR 22 9:57:59 PM That stupid prompt makes me want to kill 'doc'! I HATE it!-I hate it! why doesn't the SYSop chang it to some thing else? ---=> The Phoenix (i hate parents too!!!) Numb: 48 Subj: Winston Smith From: SINBAD SAILOR Date: SAT MAR 22 9:01:27 The Quote that people have been seeing late "Down with Big Brother," has been put up because myself in accordance with this bbs agree that the statement by Mr. Smith supports this bbs, MCMLXXXV - a step beyond 1984, a paradise, no big brother. Winston Smith is the lead character in the novel 1984. I will put up some other quotes soon! Numb: 49 Subj: [SURVEY SAYS!] From: ANGRY RUSSIAN Date: SAT MAR 23 1:24:48 PM FIRST OF ALL I THINK *EVERYONE* GETS THE MESSAGE ABOUT BIG BROTEHR, AND IT SURE AS HELL IS ANNOYING, AND TAKES LONGER TO GET THRU THE SYSTEM... WHY NOT MAKE IT SO YOU ONLY SEE IT ONCE WEHN YOU LOGIN???? IF YOUR GOING TO MAKE A WHOLE BUNC HOF QUOTES I SUGGEST YOU MAKE A [Q] OPTION !!! FOR PEOPLE WHO REALLY DONT CARE ABOUT QUOTES ALL THAT MUCH.... GOFERIT, YAWN. ANGRY RUSSIAN Numb: 50 Subj: HALYS CUT From: DAGDA MOR Date: SAT MAR 23 3:57:58 PM CALL HALYS CUT AT 377-9281...ONLINE INFOCOM GAME UP SOON I HOPE! JUST NEED TO GET AHOLD OF MULTILINK. ANYONE GOT IT? LET ME KNOW... -+++*>*> DAGDA MOR <*<*+++- -THE COUNCIL OF DRUIDS- Numb: 51 Subj: ....hello.... From: DARC DEATHE Date: SAT MAR 23 4:14:16 PM ....HELLO.... Just thought I would post a message that after a long* while of being out of "it" I am back in....all those people who know me, drop me a line, eh7 the man with none of the wares...(yet) <$> Dart: Deathe <$>