R E S P O N S E . d d d The files in the Retsof Texas AC 512 Austin Area BBS list are changed daily. Later uploads get new versions. I add a `*' code if I have verified that local boards have the list available for download. The outer filename changes monthly and ranges from RETSOF01.ZIP to RETSOF12.ZIP. RETSOF12 is superseded by RETSOF01 the following year. My new scheme for Camel's Back lists is A512ymmx.ZIP to gain more exposure. Get real. Do not use any BBSlist from anywhere that is more than 90 days old. They degrade about 1% per day and many boards are gone. The most recent monthly BBS list is available to long distance callers without the need of going through a registration process. Camel's Back BBS has 5 high speed lines available at 1-512-243-0077. This number is listed in the BBS Lister section of Boardwatch Magazine. Further refreshes during the month will be found in the new file section as RETSyydd.ZIP. Please change the outer name to RETSOFmm.ZIP (or whatever compression method) (if you put the refreshed file on your system. It is distributed automatically by file TIC from Balcones Fault Line to most Austin hubs and then to most nodes and points in net 382, mass e-mailed to VBBS boards in Area Code 512, posted to alt.bbs.lists, sent to Houston for the Internet Gopher, forwarded to the Fidonet Filebone by 1:382/1 for worldwide Filebone distribution, is published in Austin Tech-Connected monthly newpaper and Texas Computing Magazine, and is uploaded by me to other netted and independent IBM/Macintosh/Amiga/Atari/Apple boards in the Austin Wide Area Exchange. Text or g-file versions are on many boards for online capture or download, including After Hours 32 line chat board at 1-512-320-1650. If you don't get one, it's your own fault. Sending up to 100 pages of multiple files in this BBS list by FAX is not practical, so forget it. I call bulletin boards in the Austin Wide Area Exchange and am registered on most of the 300 local systems. It takes a while to get around to all of them, so respond in one of the BBS echos if you have something changing. Some of sysops want to advertise, others wait for me to dig them out, but few say anything when they get tired of running a BBS. I include information for Corpus Christi, Victoria, Kingsville, Georgetown, and elsewhere in the area code. (Independent non-netted BBS information from outside the Austin area is greatly appreciated, since bulletin boards are so volatile, and calls within the area code are expensive. This information should be provided every 2-3 months, so I will not think that the BBS went down.) If your information is accurate in Fidonet, WWIVnet, or Virtualnet nodelists, I will find it weekly. However, if you are a mail-only node, I will not list your BBS unless you provide an additional public number for human callers. I ONLY WANT TEXAS AREA CODE 512, not anything else. Out-of-Austin callers may call the Texas Computing BBS at 1-800-890-2038. This is a free BBS and a free call. Leave your BBS info there. If you want to change your listing or add some specialties, post a summary on a wide area echo available in Austin, send e-mail to John Foster on most Fidonet boards in 1:382/__, e-mail Retsof on most Austin WWIV or VBBS boards, post an advertising message to Fidonet Austin BBSINFO and/or WWIV BBS info or Virtual net BBS info echos (RECOMMENDED! so callers will see also) send an internet message to john.foster@camel.com, call voice to 1-512-346-8253 or mail to RETSOFtware BBSlist Dept. 4113 PAINT ROCK DR AUSTIN TX 78731-1320 I get many callers who for some reason cannot use an answering machine or interact with a real person, so having a BBS online for users that have never called one is out of the question. *\\/\*//\/*\\/\*//\/*\\/\*//\/*\\/\*//\/*\\/\*//\/*\\/\*//\/*\\/\*//\/*\\/\//* 8< ---------- cut here ---------- 8< RESPONSE.ddd Submit date ___ / ___ / ____ -=[ R E T S O F ]=- TEXAS Area Code 512 BBSlist Data gathering Response Form All information is optional but the BBS telephone numbers, which are critical. This is the kind of input that will help get the callers you want. Discard any form lines not needed for this submission. Keep online postings to 79 columns with NO ANSI colors. Fidonet hates that. Mail calls only ( ) Listed Fido calls only ( ) Private board requiring system or new user password ( ) (If any of these, I may only require names, modems capabilities, and net addresses to keep my echo address lists in order. It probably won't go on the list. BBS Name: __________________________ previous BBS name: _____________________ BBS Software ___________ Release _______ add more form lines for shared BBS Sysop since: ___/____/_____ This BBS online since: ___/____/_____ Sysop Name: ______________________________ handle: __________________________ snailmail address ___________________________________ ___________________________________ ______________________ __ ______-_____ STATE ZIP +4 Co-Sysop Name/handle if for a required function: ___________________________ Front end Mailer: _____________________________ Member of metro / national networks: Net ____________________ address: ____________________ Net ____________________ address: ____________________ Net ____________________ address: ____________________ Net ____________________ address: ____________________ Net ____________________ address: ____________________ add more form lines if needed message post/call ratios ( ) Internet address: ____________________________@_____________________________ Usenet address: ______________________________________________ .UUCP Mandatory cost for BBS: $$$___________ per _________ Optional cost for BBS: $$________ per _____ for WHAT? ______________________ Donation $_________ per ____________ anything ( ) free ( ) What Validation required for BBS: _____________________ What Validation required for extra services: ________________________ Commercial system ( ) Government system ( ) CPU type: ___ CPU brand/model: __________________ Operating Sys: ______v_____ I Support IBM ( ) Mac ( ) Apple ( ) Amiga ( ) Atari ( ) Commodore ( ) Unstacked/Stacked total Hard Drive space: ______Mb/_____Mb (not incl. CD-ROMs) Hard drive brands: _____________________ MFM/RLL ( ) ESDI ( ) IDE ( ) SCSI ( ) MASTER file name of all files only on the hard drives ______________________ compressed MASTER file name of all files (e.g. ___.ZIP) ____________________ other MASTER file names __________________________ purpose _________________ Approximate number of files _____________ dynamic Master file list ( ) (as WWIV or VBBS) Downloads only ( ) file upload/download ratios ( ) Adult file section ( ) File distribution network or company software supported ____________________ # CD-ROM disks online simultaneously ____ CD-ROM titles available on the board or for rotation: 1. ______________________________ Master file for CD-ROM __________________ 2. ______________________________ Master file for CD-ROM __________________ 3. ______________________________ Master file for CD-ROM __________________ 4. ______________________________ Master file for CD-ROM __________________ 5. ______________________________ Master file for CD-ROM __________________ add more form lines online games ( ) 10-49 online games ( ) 50+ online games ( ) Up to 5 most popular online games: Recent interesting online game: ____________________ A few Non-game online doors: _______________________ Adult/matchmaking doors ( ) Graphical User Interface: ________ user software required: _______________ Private messages to sysop only ( ) Metro (local calling area) messages ( ) National messages ( ) Adult message bases ( ) Offline Message Door(s)/Reader(s) _________________________________ Bidirectional transfers: BIMODEM: ( ) HSLINK: ( ) JANUS: ( ) Other: _____ Primary BBS purpose or file groupings: BBS Specialty codes or restrictions (See RETABLyy.ddd for codes) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ If you list more than one BBS line, there is room for 10 codes on each line if you want more. Other specialties or features not in BBSlist ( ) - _________________________ ( ) - _________________________ ( ) - _________________________ (Defaults: 24 hours 8/N/1, full duplex, IBM compatible, area code 512, Austin Wide Area Exchange, free BBS, not networked) BBS schedule: 24 hours or Fidonet 22 hours 7 days: ( ) Minimum guaranteed schedule. Extra time will be a bonus. part time start: ___:___ am/pm to ___:___ M-F ( ) weekend ( ) other _____ part time start: ___:___ am/pm to ___:___ M-F ( ) weekend ( ) other _____ Student board: up for fall ( ) winter ( ) spring ( ) summer ( ) normally down for breaks If I am playing games or tinkering with the BBS for more than 2 hours/day the lister should call it unscheduled part-time ( ) or maybe not even a BBS for public callers, just for friends. ( ) If calls rollover to other lines, only one entry is needed, but if you have more than one class of modem, callers would appreciate knowing which number to use for that modem to maximize. Modem proprietary codes from RETHSM(high speed) or RETABL #s is number of rotary lines (hunt group) accessed from this number min.bps is minimum bits per second rate you permit on this line bps rate is lower basic DCE carrier speed, not higher DTE bit rate. 1.Modem brand/model ____________________ 1-512-____-_____ #s____ min.bps ____ ISDN - must state exact mode used -- no auto negotiation 128.0 2 B channels ( ) 2 phone #s __________ ___________ 64.0 type C X.75 ( ) 64.0 type D X.75 + V.42bis ( ) 64.0 type E X.75 NL (T70) ( ) 64.0 type F X.75 NL (T70) + V.42bis ( ) 64.0 type S V.120 ( ) 38.4 type B V.110 ( ) 19.2 type A V.110 ( ) V.34/28.8( ) RockwellV.FC28.8( ) 24.0( ) 19.2( ) Codex24.0( ) TurboPEP23.0( ) PEP18.0( ) AT&TV.32terboUSR21.6( ) nonUSR19.2( ) ZyXEL19.2( ) 16.8( ) HST16.8( ) 14.4( ) 9.6( ) Dual Std( ) V.Everything( ) CSP9.6( ) Hayes-V9.6( ) ITU/CCIT-T V.32b14.4( ) V.32/9.6( ) V.22b/2.4( ) V.22/1.2( ) MNP( ) V.42( ) V.42b( ) 2.Modem brand/model ____________________ 1-512-____-_____ #s____ min.bps ____ ISDN - must state exact mode used -- no auto negotiation 128.0 2 B channels ( ) 2 phone #s __________ ___________ 64.0 type C X.75 ( ) 64.0 type D X.75 + V.42bis ( ) 64.0 type E X.75 NL (T70) ( ) 64.0 type F X.75 NL (T70) + V.42bis ( ) 64.0 type S V.120 ( ) 38.4 type B V.110 ( ) 19.2 type A V.110 ( ) V.34/28.8( ) V.FC28.8( ) 24.0( ) 19.2( ) Codex24.0( ) TurboPEP23.0( ) PEP18.0( ) V.32terboUSR21.6( ) nonUSR19.2( ) ZyXEL19.2( ) 16.8( ) HST16.8( ) 14.4( ) 9.6( ) CSP9.6( ) Hayes-V9.6( ) ITU/CCIT-T V.32b14.4( ) V.32/9.6( ) V.22b/2.4( ) V.22/1.2( ) MNP( ) V.42( ) V.42b( ) 3.Modem brand/model ____________________ 1-512-____-_____ #s____ min.bps ____ ISDN - must state exact mode used -- no auto negotiation 128.0 2 B channels ( ) 2 phone #s __________ ___________ 64.0 type C X.75 ( ) 64.0 type D X.75 + V.42bis ( ) 64.0 type E X.75 NL (T70) ( ) 64.0 type F X.75 NL (T70) + V.42bis ( ) 64.0 type S V.120 ( ) 38.4 type B V.110 ( ) 19.2 type A V.110 ( ) V.34/28.8( ) V.FC28.8( ) 24.0( ) 19.2( ) Codex24.0( ) TurboPEP23.0( ) PEP18.0( ) V.32terboUSR21.6( ) nonUSR19.2( ) ZyXEL19.2( ) 16.8( ) HST16.8( ) 14.4( ) 9.6( ) CSP9.6( ) Hayes-V9.6( ) ITU/CCIT-T V.32b14.4( ) V.32/9.6( ) V.22b/2.4( ) V.22/1.2( ) MNP( ) V.42( ) V.42b( ) Add more form lines if needed Do you encourage high speed or low speed callers to use any particular lines? Note: Are games or CD-ROMs only available on certain lines? Note: Voice # 1-512-____-______ public ( ) private ( ) Fax # 1-512-____-______ public ( ) private ( ) Mail # 1-512-____-______ public ( ) private ( ) >>>-----> Also note if date of moving ____ / ____ / _____ and the new numbers if known. any equipment addition/changes/deletions to the BBS in the next 30-60 days? One line comment about the BBS: Why would users call if not above? What is special about your system? Anything I missed or you think the world should know _______________________ Do not write in this space []